INJURIES CAUSED BY DANGEROUS TOYS, PRODUCTS & EQUIPMENT
If your child has been injured by a defective toy or product, you may feel an overwhelming amount of emotions. Defective products can leave behind devastating consequences, leaving consumers like you in shock. As a consumer, you can and should hold manufacturers accountable for dangerous or defective products or equipment. These cases fall under product liability law. This clause makes manufacturers liable or responsible for their products and what happens once they are purchased and used. If you are ever injured because of a defective product, you should contact an experienced injury attorney in Stockton at the Sadiq Law Firm, P.C. as soon as possible.
As a parent, you take every measure necessary to ensure your child has a safe and enjoyable upbringing. The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) required that children’s products comply with applicable product safety rules, be tested for compliance by a CPSC accepted accredited laboratory, have a written children’s product certificate and show compliance, and have permanent tracking information where applicable.
Hundreds of thousands to millions of children’s products get recalled each year. Some of the hazards include:
- intestinal blockage
Toy manufacturers are required to provide sufficient warning labels on products. If your child has been injured because of a defective toy, contact a injury attorney in Stockton for a free consultation.
Being involved in a product liability case can cause a number of outcomes, such as:
- Physical Injury: If any product you’ve come into contact with causes you any sort of injury, not limited to cuts, bruises, bone damage, or worse, you’ve been physically injured by a damaged or defective product
- Emotional Trauma: Especially in the case of children, coming in contact with such products can be traumatizing: a beloved toy or playground equipment that becomes unsafe can be deeply disturbing.
- Misinformation: Product defects or damages can also be the result of misinformation. Misinformation can lead to wasted money, and ultimately, unwanted purchases. Imagine experiencing injury from a product you may not have wanted in the first place! As a consumer, you have the right to all the facts.
These injuries are not limited to but can be caused by the sample list below:
- defective tires and other defective auto parts
- hand tools or power tools
- household appliances
- stand-up space heaters
- hair dryers
- jet skis
- inner tubes used as recreational equipment
- medical devices (defective defibrillator, defective pacemaker)
- drugs and medications
- playground equipment
Seeking legal help can be deeply beneficial in such situations. An experienced injury attorney in Stockton can assist you in concrete ways to make your life and recovering from your injury easier. An experienced attorney will investigate whether the manufacturer was aware of a design defect, flaw in manufacturing, and review the regulatory applications for the product’s safety. Your case could insure that your injury is the last to occur at the hands of this product. Experienced attorneys have the skills to bring forward a compelling case and help you move forward.
SPEAK WITH AN EXPERIENCED INJURY ATTORNEY IN STOCKTON TODAY
The challenges that arise with identifying these cases can be challenging, but there’s a team behind you that can help. It’s easy to become overwhelmed when injury strikes. If you believe you’ve been involved in such a case, please contact an experienced injury attorney in Stockton at the Sadiq Law Firm, P.C. as soon as possible. For more than 15 years, Sadiq Law Firm, P.C. has protected the rights and interests of victims of all types of injuries. We have the resources and dedication to get you the compensation you deserve. Call us at (209) 943-0000 to speak to a Stockton injury attorney today.